Choose from Archives

Medium

"I have often thought that if photography were difficult in the true sense of the term-meaning that the creation of a simple photograph would entail as much time and effort as the production of a good watercolor or etching-there would be a vast improvement in total output. The sheer ease with which we can produce a superficial image often leads to creative disaster. We must remember that a photograph can hold just as much as we put into it, and no one has ever approached the full possibilities of the medium." --Ansel Adams


I have just been going through some old work recently and came across this quote in one of my sketchbooks. I was thinking of all the creative effort and preparation (not to mention hours in a dark room) I used to put into my school assignments. School is a unique time where you are surrounded by others who push, support and inspire you. Don't get me wrong, I still put a lot of thought and time into everything I shoot-but I think I can do better, and I would like to push myself more artistically. 


No comments: